Trade

Accounting
Proficiency at squaring away the odds and ends of business transactions, keeping the checkbooks tight. Each level of skill reduces sales tax by 11%. Sales tax starts at 5%.
Advanced Broker Relations
Proficiency at negotiating the brokerage cost of relisting a market order at a new price. Each level of this skill adds 5 percentage points to the standard Relist Discount of 50%. SCC regulations aimed at reducing market volatility mandate a cost for relisting a market order based on the Broker Fee rate applicable to a given market order at the time of the price change. The total brokerage costs for relisting are calculated in two steps: - The full Broker Fee rate is applied to the increment by which the price has changed if the new price is an increase to determine the brokerage cost of raising the asking price. If the new price is a decrease this component of the brokerage cost for relisting is zero. - A Relist Discount is then applied to the Broker Fee rate and the discounted rate then applied to the total new price. The resulting amount is added to the increment charge calculated in the first step. The total calculated in these two steps is the brokerage cost that will be charged for relisting the market order at its new price. The standard Relist Discount on the total price brokerage fee has been set by the SCC at 50%. Advanced Broker Relations increases that discount by 5 percentage points per level, permitting a discount of 75% at level 5.
Black Market Trading
Skill at forging cargo manifests and disguising contraband cargo. From a base of 90%, each level of skill reduces chance of contraband detection by 10%.
Broker Relations
Proficiency at driving down market-related costs. Each level of skill subtracts a flat 0.3% from the costs associated with setting up a market order in a non-player station, which usually come to 5% of the order's total value. This can be further influenced by the player's standing towards the owner of the station where the order is entered.
Consumable Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
Contracting
This skill allows you to create formal agreements with other characters. For each level of this skill the number of outstanding contracts is increased by four (up to a maximum of 21 at level 5)
Corporation Contracting
You are familiar with the intricacies of formalizing contracts between your corporation and other entities. For each level of this skill the number of concurrent corporation/alliance contracts you make on behalf of your corporation is increased by 10 up to a maximum of 60. This skill has no effect on contracts you make personally. There is no limit on the number of contracts a corporation can assign to itself. Corporations have a hard limit of 500 outstanding public contracts.
Customs Code Expertise
Expertise in cutting through the red tape of customs regulations. Reduces Import and Export empire tax in Customs Offices by 10% per level. This does not affect InterBus Customs Offices.
Daytrading
Allows for remote modification of buy and sell orders. Each level of skill increases the range at which orders may be modified. Level 1 allows for modification of orders within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for market order modification anywhere within current region.
Drone Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
General Freight
Skill at the stowage and transportation of bulk goods. 5% Bonus per level to Ship Cargo Capacity
Hazardous Material Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
Marketing
Skill at selling items remotely. Each level increases the range from the seller to the item being sold. Level 1 allows for the sale of items within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for sale of items located anywhere within current region.
Mineral Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
Munitions Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
Procurement
Proficiency at placing remote buy orders on the market. Level 1 allows for the placement of orders within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for placement of remote buy orders anywhere within current region. Note: Placing buy orders and directly buying an item are not the same thing. Direct remote purchase requires no skill.
Raw Material Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
Retail
Ability to organize and manage market operations. Each level raises the limit of active orders by 8.
Smuggling
Proficiency at laying low and avoiding unwanted attention. From a base of 90%, each level of skill reduces by 10% the likelihood of being scanned while transporting contraband.
Starship Freight
The skill at transporting contraband without getting caught. -10% chance of being caught transporting contraband. Base chance 60%.
Tax Evasion
Knowledge of the SCC tax regime and the ability to utilize that to one's own advantage. 2% reduction in SCC tax per level. Note: This skill does not apply to taxes imposed by player corporations.
Test
This is a test skill and should never appear in the live game
Trade
Knowledge of the market and skill at manipulating it. Active buy/sell order limit increased by 4 per level of skill.
Tycoon
Ability to organize and manage ultra large-scale market operations. Each level raises the limit of active orders by 32.
Visibility
Skill at acquiring products remotely. Each level of skill increases the range your remote buy orders are effective to from their origin station. Level 1 allows for the placing of remote buy orders with a range limited to the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for a full regional range. Note: Only remotely placed buy orders (using Procurement) require this skill to alter the range. Any range can be set on a local buy order with no skill.
Wholesale
Ability to organize and manage large-scale market operations. Each level raises the limit of active orders by 16.